Being consistent is the key:
A regular sleep pattern with a natural sleep-wake-cycle is hugely beneficial if you want to wake up feeling more refreshed restored and energetic.
1. If you need a nap during the day discipline yourself to 30 mins.
2. Waking up the same time every day without an alarm can be a sign you are getting enough sleep.
3. Try to go to bed at the same time every night.
4. Avoid stimulation from TV, computers, games and digital devices close to bed time.
5. Caffeine alcohol or sugar before bed is not going to help.
6. If you feel after dinner drowsiness coming on, get off the couch and get busy until closer to your bedtime.